Champions League Matchday 5 was a mixed one for Italy’s sides, but Inter joined Napoli in confirming their place in the knockout rounds, while AC Milan moved ever closer. Juventus‘ Champions League campaign came to an end with elimination after a loss to Benfica.
Napoli impressed again in a 3-0 win over Rangers, and Inter made light work of Viktoria Plzen to knock Barcelona out. AC Milan now just need one more result to advance as well.
In the Women’s Champions League, AS Roma Women scored four times in the last 15 minutes to come from 2-0 down to win 4-3 against St. Polten and continue their perfect start in Matchday 2.
Conor Clancy and Euan Burns are here to look back on all of the action. As always, The Euro Show is available here exclusively to those who have signed up on Patreon.com/TotalItalianFootball. You can join us over there for €2, €5 or €10 a month and have access to multiple weekly bonus podcasts.
Of course, you can enjoy our coverage of the Italian sides’ Champions League games below:
- Dinamo Zagreb 0-4 AC Milan: Goals, highlights and report here.
- Benfica 4-3 Juventus: Goals, highlights and report here.
- Inter 4-0 Viktoria Plzen: Goals, highlights and report here.
- Napoli 3-0 Rangers: Goals, highlights and report here.
- St. Polten 3-4 AS Roma Women: Goals, highlights here and report here.